Athletic Training Graduate Assistants for Fall 2018
January 31, 2018
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, responsible for the assisting in the direction of all phases of the program (varsity and junior varsity), including coaching, directing home contests including the organization of officials, scorekeepers, statisticians, media, lodging, meals and travel; coordinating the admission of prospective student-athletes; scheduling and budgeting; managing equipment orders and distribution; updating performances with the Heart of America Athletic Conference and NAIA; committing to the academic progress and success of student-athletes; assist with the scouting and recruitment of student-athletes; assist in the coordination of fundraising, camps, clinics and special events.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 15% Recruiting, Retention and Continuing Eligibility
- 20% Game and Practice Preparation (Varsity and Junior Varsity)
- 10% Player Skill and Team Cohesion Development
- 05% Supervision of Student Coach (es)
- 10% Program Compliance with NAIA, HAAC and CMU Rules, Policies and Guidelines
- 10% Practice and Game Set-up
- 10% Program-Specific and Department Fund Raising
10% Public Relations and Community Engagement
- 10% Other
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree required. College coaching and recruiting experience preferred. Unconditional acceptance into a CMU graduate program. BOC Certified by August 1, 2018. Missouri Licensure
First Aid, CPR, AED; ability to lift 50lbs, stand on your feet for periods of three to five hours at a time for contests and games.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Public Speaking abilities; Personnel Management Skills & Experiences; Microsoft Word
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Due to recruiting and overnight travel, applicants must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record; must be able to obtain a State of Missouri vehicle operator's license within 30 days of employment and must qualify to operate a vehicle within the CMU guidelines. Ability to gain and maintain CMU driving approval is required.
Must be able to travel for extended periods of time for athletic contests, recruiting activities and athletic fundraising events.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources at HR@centralmethodist.edu.
CMU employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of Central Methodist University.
Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.